Posted on: March 19th, 2013
LUDLOW, Vermont (March 19, 2013) — The Vermont Game Warden’s Office has confirmed that it has shot, and subsequently captured, a man-like forest beast that had been terrorizing freestyle terrain parks in the area. Video of the creature is above.
“We’ve been chasing this thing — some of the locals call it a Yeti — since the Clinton administration,” said warden Casey Willax at a news conference today. “We finally bagged the big bastard.”
The as-yet unidentified species was captured at the peak of Okemo Mountain after several frightened snow-bladers reporter a large, hairy, smelly snowboarder doing back flips off the pole jam feature in the park.
“I’ve seen plenty of big hairy men before, but I was all like, no way bro, there’s no way that’s a human,” said one of the snow bladers, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation by other Yetis that may still be lurking in the area.
“More Yetis may be on the loose,” warns Willax. “If you see one, please do NOT feed it or give it money. That just encourages them.”
From the Archives...
- Burton Riglet in School – Vermont kids learn to snowboard in gym class
- A Day at Sugarbush Parks
- Early Season Stoke at Stowe
- Cow Power and Water-saving Snow Guns
- Two Awesome Ways to Stand Sideways in May
- Where to Get Your Late Season Shred
- Fun, Sun & Beer: Spring Pond Skims & Events
- How Much Winter is Left?
- PHOTOS: Winter Storm Vulcan in Vermont
- Another Day, Another Deal
- Events & Things to Do in Vermont Right Now
- Cheer on Team USA & Win Vermont Lift Tickets
- Vermont Riders to Watch at the Sochi Olympics
- Vermont Valentine’s Day Lift Ticket Deals 2014
- Vermonters Take Gold at 2014 X Games
- Party On, Vermont, at January College Weeks
- Learn to Snowboard for $29 in January
- Vermont Snow Report: Thanks Santa!
- Vermont Snow Report: POW! in December
- Vermont Snow Report: Snowy December