Posted on: March 19th, 2013
LUDLOW, Vermont (March 19, 2013) — The Vermont Game Warden’s Office has confirmed that it has shot, and subsequently captured, a man-like forest beast that had been terrorizing freestyle terrain parks in the area. Video of the creature is above.
“We’ve been chasing this thing — some of the locals call it a Yeti — since the Clinton administration,” said warden Casey Willax at a news conference today. “We finally bagged the big bastard.”
The as-yet unidentified species was captured at the peak of Okemo Mountain after several frightened snow-bladers reporter a large, hairy, smelly snowboarder doing back flips off the pole jam feature in the park.
“I’ve seen plenty of big hairy men before, but I was all like, no way bro, there’s no way that’s a human,” said one of the snow bladers, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation by other Yetis that may still be lurking in the area.
“More Yetis may be on the loose,” warns Willax. “If you see one, please do NOT feed it or give it money. That just encourages them.”
From the Archives...
- Eat Your Heart Out: Thanksjibbing Winners
- Win Lift Tickets: Happy Thanks-jibbing Contest
- Vermont Snow Report: Opening Days 2013
- Vermont October ’13 Snow Report, in Photos
- 7 Things Vermont and Snowboarding Have in Common
- Study Up: How to Choose a Vermont College Pass
- Guide to VT Season Pass Deals for 20-Somethings
- Under Construction: Summer News from Vermont Resorts
- Recap: 2013 Frendly Gathering
- #BeFrendly Photo Contest Winners
- Be Frendly! Photo Contest
- Top Three Summer Music Festivals in Vermont
- Spring Jams – It’s Not Over Yet
- Save on 2013-14 Season Passes
- Ride Grrrl: Carinthia’s Emma Graham
- Ride Grrrl: Carinthia’s Jaime Del Pizzo
- #iridebecause — Tell us Why You Ride, Win Stuff.
- Anticipated Closing Dates 2012-13
- “Bigfoot-Like” Creature Captured at Vermont Ski Resort
- 2013 Vermont Open Results: Halfpipe